Neuroscience Center of Excellence at NFRMC
Comprehensive Stroke Care • Complex Spine Treatment • Expert Neurological and Neurosurgical Care
The right choice for comprehensive treatment of stroke, neurological diseases and disorders.
NFRMC’s expert, experienced team of specialized physicians, our specialty trained nurses and nurse practitioners, dedicated multidisciplinary team, and our advanced medical technology allows us to offer the most progressive and effective medical and surgical care to treat conditions of the brain, spine, and nervous system. Our team is committed to providing coordinated neurological and neurosurgical care from consultation to recovery.
- NFRMC is a Comprehensive Stroke Center as of November 2016, licensed by the State of Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration, offering rapid treatment and advanced stroke care with door to IV t-PA start times consistently below the national average.
- New investments in technology include a state-of-the-art 128 slice CT Scanner with CT angiography and perfusion imaging (diagnostic & cerebral and spine angiography) and a modern General Electric (GE) high-resolution Bi-plane Angiography Room
- Advanced aneurysm/vascular lesion treatment options including intracranial endovascular embolization, stenting and coiling, as well as open craniotomy procedures
- Advanced intracranial and extracranial endovascular and neurosurgical procedures: carotid procedures, acute stroke thrombectomies, embolization of tumors, vascular malformations and fistula, vascular and post procedure neuro critical care
- Care of the Central Nervous System: tumor removal, spinal decompressive and reconstructive procedures, vascular malformations, trauma–based injuries, neurosurgical critical care
- Spine Surgery: spinal fusion, disc replacement, pain pumps, spinal stimulators, trauma, and adult spinal scoliotic deformity surgery